Terms of Service
Welcome to UR-Eekah operated by MFC Learning PTY LTD – an online learning platform helping children pursue their academic dreams and goals. By using UR-Eekah, you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Nothing contained in these Terms of Service (ToS) should be construed to confer any rights to a third party beneficiary.
UR-Eekah reserves its right to modify or terminate the UR-Eekah service for any reason, without prior notice, without liability to the user or any other members or third party. UR-Eekah also reserves the right to modify the ToS from time to time without notice. The user agrees to regularly review the ToS to keep himself/herself apprised of any such changes.
Eligibility, Registration And Access
The decision to grant access to the services of UR-Eekah is at the prerogative of the site, and its decision in this respect shall be final and binding on the proposed user. To use the Service, the user must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay for the service fees associated with such access. In addition, the user must have all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access devices; that do not form a part of the Service.
Terms Of Service
- The use of the site UR-Eekah, or any of its services or features and user to user interface provided by the site, the information and material contained therein implies and constitutes the user’s consent to this agreement, and the user unequivocally agrees to abide by these terms and conditions
- The user agrees that UR-Eekah has opinions regarding the subject matter contained on this site. These opinions regarding subject matters on the site may differ from those prevalent at that point of time. The user is aware and agrees that these opinions are subject to change from time to time without prior intimation to the user.
- The answers, information, material, and content posted on UR-Eekah by exercising due diligence and care and are correct and accurate to the best of the site’s knowledge and intent. However, the user agrees to independently verify the authenticity and integrity of the answers, information, material and content posted on the site. The site does not hold any responsibility for the authenticity and integrity of the answers, information, material, and content. The user agrees to indemnify the site against all actions brought out in this regard. The answers, information, material, and content should not be construed as advice to the user. Any action taken by the user based on the information contained on the site is the user’s responsibility alone, and UR-Eekah s will not be liable in any manner for the consequences of such action taken by the user.
- The user agrees and understands that the information available on the site is not meant for supplementing the knowledge of the user for competitive exams and promises to hold free the site of all liabilities that may arise from the direct or indirect use of the information available on the site.
- The user agrees that the time limits, if any, stipulated by the site for providing the answers to the user’s queries are only indicative and not definitive. The user understands that the user’s queries may not be answered in a time-bound manner due to a high volume of queries at a given point in time.
- The user understands that the site’s information has been prepared by the site based on the limited resources available at its disposal and human errors may inadvertently creep in despite the site’s best efforts. The user agrees not to hold the site responsible for such errors or omissions. The site does not provide any time limit or provides any express or implied time warranty of any kind, regarding any matter of this Service. The site for its services rendered does not provide any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose. UR-Eekah shall not be liable, at any time, for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of in the formation contained at this site.
- The user is aware and understands that UR-Eekah does not provide any judgment or warranty regarding the authenticity or correctness of the content of other services or sites that the screen links refer to. The user is aware and understands that a link to another service or site is not an endorsement of the Service or site and UR-Eekah shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever for the consequences of any act or omission on the part of the user based on the information contained in such other services or sites.
- UR-Eekah reserves its right to monitor the use of all or any part of its Service without any prior intimation or any obligation to the user.
- The user agrees that he/she shall not alter the information, content or material or use of such information, content or material contained on the site for any purpose that constitutes a violation of the copyright of UR-Eekah or a third-party information provider. The user agrees not to copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute the material in any way for any use without obtaining the prior written consent from UR-Eekah.
- The user agrees that he/she shall not solicit or invite other users to share the credits/points/courses/anything else that he/she earns, that accrue to him/her in his/her individual capacity; and agrees not to sell the credits/points/courses/anything else for any consideration to a third party. In case of a violation of this condition, the user shall become liable to pay for the credits/points/courses/anything else that he/she has sold or shared and shall forfeit all his/her credits/points/course/anything else accumulated and his account shall be terminated.
- If the user does not agree to any of the terms mentioned in this agreement, the user should exit it through his browser.
Access Security And Password
The user might receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service’s registration process. The user undertakes to maintain the confidentiality of his/her password and account and shall be held solely responsible for all acts and omissions under his password or account. UR-Eekah cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the user’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions. The user should always remember to LOG OFF COMPLETELY from UR-Eekah if he/she is accessing it from a public place and change his/her password often, and be sure to change it to something inconspicuous.
User Conduct And Prohibited Acts
The UR-Eekah platform is made available for personal, non-commercial use only. Broadcasting the same through any means, including but not limited to through the internet, television, handheld devices and other devices, is not permitted and will be considered a breach of the Intellectual Property Rights of the Company. The Company reserves the right to terminate the subscription without any prior notice and also to initiate any legal proceedings in case of such breach. Businesses, organisations or other legal entities are strictly debarred from using the UR-Eekah platform for any purpose.
The user is prohibited from using the UR-Eekah service for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. The user is solely responsible for his/her conduct and any data, text, information, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links and other material that he submits, posts, and displays on the UR-Eekah platform.
At its sole discretion, the site may remove information, content or material that is incorrect, inaccurate, unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes or violates any party’s intellectual property or other proprietary rights or these Terms of Service.
Other examples of illegal or unauthorised uses include, but are not limited to:
- Modifying, adapting, translating, or reverse engineering any portion of the UR-Eekah platform;
- Removing any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the UR-Eekah service;
- Using any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other devices to retrieve or index any portion of the UR-Eekah platform;
- Collecting any information about other users (including usernames and/or email addresses) for unauthorised purposes;
- Reformatting or framing any portion of the web pages that are part of the UR-Eekah platform; creating user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences;
- Creating or transmitting unwanted electronic communications such as “spam,” or chain letters to other user or otherwise interfering with other user’s enjoyment of the Service;
- Submitting information or material of any third party without such third party’s prior written consent;
- Directing any user (for example, by linking) to any information or material of any third party without such third party’s prior written consent or the users’ consent;
- Submitting information or material that infringe, misappropriate or violate any party’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy, or other proprietary rights.
- Transmitting any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature.
- Submitting information or material unlawful or promoting or encouraging illegal activity; or submitting false or misleading information.
- Harm minors, children and women in any way or “stalk” or otherwise harass others
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; or a threat to the nation’s communal harmony, peace and security.
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that the user doesn’t have a right to transmit under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements).
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, national or international law
- Any other conduct, act or behaviour that is illegal or unlawful.
While UR-Eekah prohibits such conduct and content on its site, the user understands and agrees that he/she nonetheless may be exposed to such information materials and that he shall immediately inform UR-Eekah of such violation.
Certain elements of the site will contain material submitted by users. UR-Eekah accepts no responsibility for the material and contents, accuracy, conformity to applicable laws of such material.
The site may at its discretion display advertisements. The users’ correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the UR-Eekah platform, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between the user and such advertiser. The user agrees that UR-Eekah shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred due to any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the UR-Eekah platform.
User acknowledges that all Intellectual Property Rights including but not limited to Copyright, Patent, Trademarks, trade secrets in the products, modules, contents and programs or products shall continue to vest with the Company at all times. The student/parent shall not have the right to claim any rights over the Intellectual Property in the products/services under them purchasing such services/products. Further, under no circumstances, shall the student/parent acquire the right to make copies. The user acknowledges that in the event of a breach or threatened breach of this Clause, monetary damages may not be an adequate remedy; therefore, the Company in addition to other rights and remedies shall be entitled to injunctive relief to restrain the student/parent from any such breach, threatened or actual. User further acknowledges and agrees that material and content in sponsor advertisements or information presented to the user through the UR-Eekah platform or advertisers are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorised by UR-Eekah or advertisers, the user agrees not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the UR-Eekah platform, in whole or in part.
Disclaimer Of Warranties
User expressly understands and agrees that:
- Use of the Service is at the user’s sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. UR-Eekah expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- UR-Eekah makes no warranty that (i) the Service will meet the user’s requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by the user through the Service will meet user’s expectations, and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Service’s use is done at the user’s discretion and risk. That user will be solely responsible for any damage to the user’s computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- Whether oral or written, no advice or information obtained by the user from UR-Eekah or through or from the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the ToS.
Limitation Of Liability
Under no circumstances will UR-Eekah be liable to the user for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the UR-Eekah platform, whether or not UR-Eekah has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Such limitation of liability shall apply (i) whether the damages arise from use or misuse of and reliance on the UR-Eekah platform, from inability to use the UR-Eekah platform, or from the interruption, suspension, or termination of the UR-Eekah platform (including such damages incurred by third parties), and (ii) notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy and to the fullest extent permitted by law. Under no circumstances shall UR-Eekah be liable to the user for any amount.
The user agrees to indemnify and hold UR-Eekah, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of content the user submits, posts or transmits through the Service, the user’s use of the Service, the user’s connection to the Service, the user’s violation of the ToS, or the user’s violation of any rights of another.
No Resale Of Service
The user agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
Modifications To Service
UR-Eekah reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. The user agrees that UR-Eekah shall not be liable to the user or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Notices to the user may be made via email or regular mail. The site’s Service may also provide notices of changes to the TOS or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to the user generally on the Service.
The site design and the service marks, other logos, products and service names are trademarks of MFC Learning PTY LTD t/a UR-Eekah. The user agrees not to display or use in any manner, the trademarks of UR-Eekah.
MFC Learning PTY LTD t/a UR-Eekah is a registered entity under South Africa’s laws with all rights reserved here-in. The copyright of all materials provided on this website is held MFC Learning PTY LTD t/a UR-Eekah. None of the materials displayed on or within any UR-Eekah products including but not limited to the website, may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, modified, altered, reverse engineered, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, screen snapshot/ screen captured, or otherwise, without prior written permission of UR-Eekah, the copyright owner.
Please report any violation of the terms and conditions of this agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org
UR-Eekah shall have no liability to the user for matters where it has no control or beyond its control and fall in this category.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject.
These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed per the laws of South Africa. Any dispute arising out of the site’s use shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts at Johannesburg, South Africa. Suppose for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Terms of Service to be unenforceable. In that case, the remainder of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect. The user shall not assign these Terms of Service or assign any rights or delegate any obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, without our prior written consent, any such purported assignment or delegation will be null and void and of no force or effect.
The user consents that by subscribing/using the Company’ products, programs or any other services, it expressly allows the Company to improve, learning outcomes, predictive learning and to store, use, analyse, distribute, or deal with in any other manner, as the Company deems appropriate, from the information/data captured by the Company through its practice and test and from the Customer’s usage of Company’ products, programs or any other services as the Company, its associates or any third party as the Company may authorise.
The user’s privacy is critically important to UR-Eekah. UR-Eekah has a few fundamental principles:
- UR-Eekah asks its users to supply various personal data when placing an order, such as name, address, credit card information, and valid Email ID.
- UR-Eekah uses this data only to fill an order or communicate with the user about an order’s status.
- UR-Eekah treats this customer information as private and confidential, and it shall not disclose this information to other individuals or organisations unless required by law.
Return Policy or Exchange of Goods in E-Commerce site
Customers are entitled to a 24-hour cooling-off period after purchase, in which they may receive a full refund of monies and Eekahs used on their purchase. After delivery, only exchanges will be accepted. Return new, unworn or unused products within 7 days of the date the goods were shipped to you. All items need to be in their original packaging & undamaged. UR-Eekah offers South African customers the option of a free exchange providing the item is priced the same or less than the one originally purchased on your order. The item must be returned in its original undamaged packaging.
Please note: At present we are unable to ship to international customers.
Your right to exchange or return products is separate from your statutory right to cancel your order under the distance selling regulations.
Credit Card and EFT refunds online – Please note that each banking institution has a different lead-time on refunds. Refunds can take between 3 – 13 working days to reflect in your account.
If for any reason you would like to cancel your order please email email@example.com with your order details and reason for cancellation. You will only be able to cancel orders until midnight on the day prior to the date of delivery. We may debit your payment card for the delivery fees in respect of any late cancellations. If our customers cancel their payment for any reason or if your payment card should cease to be valid for whatever reason, you will remain liable for the full purchase price, including all related costs. We reserve the right to cancel any order/sale and/or your registration in the event of a breach of any of these T’s & C’s.